Washing & Care
The items bought here (whether it is African print, hand loomed cotton, batik or block print) can last a long time as long as they are well taken care of. For the African prints, I suggest only washing them when they are really dirty. After every wear, just air them. If you decide to wash your items, I suggest machine or hand-wash as a delicate.
For our Hand loomed cotton and screen printed items, It is strictly hand-wash in cold water. For best results, sponge away stains and wash using natural detergent (one that doesn't contain bleach/lighteners).
Please do not dry clean your Items.
Iron when they are damp inside out. If you have a steamer, even better.
Care instructions for your Tees and sweatshirts
For our Gold printed tees and sweatshirts, extra care is required when washing. Fading may occur after several washes but you can minimise this by following the following instructions,
- Do not use bleach or fabric softeners.
- Turn the shirt inside-out.
- Use a delicate wash cycle, or better yet wash by hand, with cold water and a mild detergent.
- Hang dry.
- Do not iron over foil.
- To avoid possible shrinkage, you can also lay your shirt flat to dry.
- Don’t iron decorated areas! If you really must then, turn the shirt inside-out when ironing to preserve the print.
- Do NOT dry clean!
A little note on Fabric Softeners
Fabric softer is excellent for preventing static cling and keeping your clothes soft. But, it is best not to use it on decorated apparel. The chemicals in fabric softener break down the ink on screen printed items and cause it to fade or crack.